The procurement law applies only to public contracting authorities. These are:
- the regional authorities of the Federal Government, Länder and municipalities as well as their special assets (pursuant to § 98 no. 1 GWB*);
- legal persons of public and private law, if they were established for the specific purpose of fulfilling non-commercial tasks of general interest, provided that local authorities or their associations finance them predominantly or exercise supervision over them (pursuant § 98 no.2 GWB*). These so-called “functional contracting authorities” are not always easy to determine. Building societies are also included, if the mentioned conditions are present;
- Associations whose members are contracting authorities under § 98 no. 1, 2 or 3 GWB*;
- So-called “sector contractor” (pursuant § 98 No. 4 GWB). There are legal persons of public and private law who are active in the field of water, energy or transport supply or either have an exclusive right to exercise this activity or those who are controlled by a principal under §98 No. 1-3 GWB*.
- Persons who have concluded a contract for a construction concession in collaboration with agencies for eventual contracts with third parties.
What can we do for you?
We will examine and support your tendering from the planning stage through the awarding of the contract, all the way up to the execution and termination of the so-called performance.
We will advise and represent you also in public or judicial tendering procedures before Public Procurement Tribunals.
What do we need in order to deal with your questions?
We normally have to know exactly which services are to be awarded, with which total value, at which conditions or if they have already been issued. Further details must be clarified in regard with your individual case.